Uggs are known for the most classic winter boots and have been ruling the market since the 1990s. Manufactured by Australian surfer Brian Smith and Doug Jensen, Uggs boots are very comfortable and warm, as crafted with animal suede leather on the top and wool and sheepskin fur on the inside.
Uggs boots are always on notice because of their exceptional finish and remarkable characteristics. But who wants to spend 300$ on a pair of boots if they are not waterproof? However, this isn’t the case with all the uggs boots. There are some articles which are waterproof and even if uggs boots are not waterproof you can transform them into waterproof boots? HOW? Read this whole article to know in detail.
How To Waterproof Uggs?
The only drawback of uggs boots is that they are not waterproof. You can say that some uggs boots are waterproof, whereas the classic pairs are not waterproof. How to change your non-waterproof boots into waterproof uggs boots?
- First, to avoid messing around yourself while cleaning the uggs boots, remember to keep an old newspaper during the cleaning or makeover process.
- Make to and fro moments with a suede brush, eliminate all dirt particles, debris, and marks and clean all the stains from your uggs boots.
- Take a cloth and dip it into the water. The whole piece of fabric doesn’t need to be wet, the damp will also work. Now, clean your boots with a cloth and start removing the remaining dirt or marks.
- Once you are done with cleaning, make a roll of newspaper and place it inside the boots to keep the shoes in shape and intact.
- Let uggs boots dry for at least 24 hours but don’t place them under direct sunlight. Remove the remaining dirt if left, and then start the waterproofing process using a waterproofing spray.
- Spray the uggs boots away from 6 to 8 inches distance and remember not to overspray them. Repeat the process and let them air dry.
- Lastly, take the newspaper out from the boots when they are completely dry and spray the conditioner. Leave the boots to dry for a minute and here are your new waterproof ugg boots.
Cleaning Guide For Waterproof Uggs?
There are various methods to clean your uggs boots. Read below to get detailed information.
#1: Using A Washing Machine
Wrap the boots in a plastic bag or laundry bag and put some detergent liquid or powder in the washing machine. Start the washer and once they are clean, place the boots to air dry.
- Don’t use color detergent as it can leave a stain on the shoes.
- Make sure that boots don’t get damaged during the wash. This will happen on repeated washing at a single time.
Vinegar is known as the cleaning agent. Prepare the solution using water and vinegar in equal proportion. Then dip the cotton cloth and start cleaning your ugg boots. Also, clean the stains and scrapes on the boot. With the help of a dry cloth remove the excess solution and let them air dry, and then your old uggs boots will transform into new pairs of boots.
How To Remove Stains From Uggs?
There is a proper procedure for how to remove the stain from your uggs boots.
- Dip the boots in cold water, don’t dip them in hot water. Then apply the cleanser with the help of a sponge and conditioner on the boots evenly.
- Now scrub the boots with a clean cloth, don’t apply much pressure on the boots as they destroy the sheepskin fabric.
- Now, clean the shoe with cold water and put some newspaper inside the shoes to maintain the shape of the boots.
- Dry your boots with the help of a fan or hair dryer, once they are dry use a soft bristle brush to bring back the softness.
There are a few tests that have been performed in the US to know that protection spray works well on uggs boots and that they are long-lasting and effective. Protection sprays don’t damage your shoe leather or suede material.
Some sprays work like magic on uggs boots. The most recommended protection spray is sheepskin protection spray. It is the best spray for your suede uggs boots.
Uggs boots are very long-lasting if you take care of them. The leather which is used in the making of boots needs care, so you need to keep certain things in mind. If you want to increase their shelf life
- With the help of a suede brush, you can clean all the dirt from the shoes, or use the shine bristle shoe brush.
- Never expose your shoes to the water and snow for a long period, you can wear the Ugg shoes in mild snow if they are covered with spray, also don’t expose the uggs to direct heat as they can damage your shoes.
Uggs are not waterproof but some uggs boots are water resistant and can be worn in less rain or snow. You need to make your boots waterproof with the method explained above.
Several waterproof sprays are available in the market or online. but you can’t trust them all. So here are the several sprays that you can purchase.
- Noaman shoe protector spray
- Cadillac shield water and stain
- Gear aid revivex boots spray
- Repelwell shoe & boot protection spray.
Are the uggs boots waterproof? Well, the answer is NO but how to make uggs boots waterproof? You can simply spray some of the best waterproofing sprays on the uggs boots and along with following some of the special guidelines. Waterproofing your uggs boots is a safe option that will certainly enhance the life of the boots. Don’t forget to take the necessary precautions and follow the guided steps to remove stains.